ECAT Escambia County Area Transit
Before Loading Your Bicycle
- As the bus approaches have your bike ready to load.
- Remove any items that could fall off (bike pump, water bottle, backpack, etc.).
- Always approach the bus from the curbside.
- Tell the bus operator you are loading a bike.
Loading Your Bike
- Squeeze handle and pull down to release folded bike rack.
- Lift your bike onto the rack, putting the front and rear wheels in the marked slots.
- Please load the rack nearest the bus first. The front wheel of the bicycle closest to the bus should face curbside. The front wheel of the second bicycle must face the bus driver’'s side. You can load/unload the rack nearest the bus without unloading the bicycle in front.
- Raise the support arm, as far up on the bike front wheel as you can, making sure it is resting on your front tire, not on the fender or frame. Listen for a click when you reach the top.
Unloading Your Bike
- Depart the bus at the front, and inform the bus operator you need to unload your bike.
- Move the support arm down and lift out your bike.
- Fold up the rack, if it is empty.
Rules for using Bike Rack
- Bike racks are on first come, first served basis. All buses are equipped with a bike rack. Each bike rack carries two bikes.
- Children 12 and younger must be accompanied by an adult to load and unload a bike.
- For safety reasons, the bus operator cannot get off the bus to assist loading and unloading of bikes. All customers using the bike rack must be able to load and unload their bike without assistance.
- ECAT is not responsible for loss or damages to bikes on the transit system property.
- The bike rider is responsible for properly securing the bike before boarding the bus.